video call app???
AZSALUKI
Legend

i know skype isn't available yet and tango can do video mobile to mobile device....but does anyone know if there's an app that i can do video calls to a pc with? skype video was the primary reason i want the tbolt (famil all over the place). i can do without it for a while if there's anything else that can do video calls to a pc. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: video call app???
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Bolt to PC yahoo video chat is a go.  Quality is decent over wifi and even works over 3G but is way too choppy.  Can't confirm LTE though as I don't have it in my area yet but people mentioned something about it force closing while trying to use LTE.  My wifi is only getting around 3mbps today so LTE should be fine assuming the app works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

anyone?

0 Likes
lilahblossom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you checked out ooVoo?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i haven't bought the tbolt yet so i can't test anything out there. i was hoping the someone out there got the phone for it's front facing cam and could verify if something out there will do what i want.  i did check the oovoo app and it specifically does not support the tbolt. it's also a beta version and has poor reviews  :smileysad:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm guessin by the lack of any reponses to this post, that it truly can't be done......which is unbelievable to me, and a dealbreaker. it's the reason i want this phone.

0 Likes
rajkrajk

ya you are right there is nothin there

skype was the only thing they spread the rumors about, which was awseome and at the last moment they pulled it out. Which sucks

Anyways the battery life is very bad in this phone

Don't buy it

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i could deal with the battery. my Dinc only get about 2.5 hours of actual use time (and 10 more standby/idle). between being at my office or in my car ALL the time, i always have a charger next to me. i was also planning on getting the extended battery. but with the LTE issues everyone is having and NO way to really use the front facing cam, there's really no point for me to get the phone. very disappointing. maybe by the time someone develops a real video call app, or it get's skype, other devices will be released so i'll have options. i guess i'll just keep waiting.

0 Likes
Gtmjfamily

Have you checked out Google Chat?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

google chat on the phone doesn't have video integration.  Interesting thing I just noticed is that yahoo seems to offer video chat support.  I'll test it when I get home.  http://mobile.yahoo.com/messenger/android

Video calling: Make two-way video calls with your Yahoo! Messenger friends†

† Requires installation of Yahoo! Messenger Voice & Video Add-on in addition to Yahoo! Messenger app for Android.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

thaks pjnc!!! please let me know if the phone can call a pc. i guess i just assumed all of these various services out there could do it, until i started looking into it.....and found out that they are either not supported by the tbolt, or only do mobile to mobile. 

0 Likes