vzw not allowing/translating + dialing on thunderbolt?
jcooke3753

It seems that contacts that are listed with the newer plus-formatted numbers (for instance, +12125551212) are able to be completed via vzw - a vzw prerecorded message stating the calls cannot be completed as dialed. 

I know some phones have the ability to translate this to 011 (or user-modifiable prefix), or just have the carrier recognize this.  Any thoughts?  i have a large amount of contacts that are formatted this way.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: vzw not allowing/translating + dialing on thunderbolt?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Since contact phone numbers listed in Facebook  have a "1" in front of them, the "1" comes back when the Thunderbolt syncs the numbers from Facebook to the device. I would like to suggest going to Facebook.com and editing the phone numbers so they do not show a "1 " in front of them. Then, force a sync with the Thunderbolt. This should update the changes in the device.

Please let us know if you have any additional concerns. Thank you and have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cmsjarhead
As do I. Unfortunately to date I haven't found a fix and VZW tech support has tried to assist but still no solution. I've had this isssue since I started using vow for work.
I have gone through all of my existing contacts and changed them manually, torched my battery on a flight back home.
0 Likes
TeatherWind

No solution on this issue yet?  I only seem to have it on a couple of contacts and after I manually delete the +1 comes back after a reboot.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the inquiry. Adding to what was said by the op, the +1 dialing is for calling numbers in a GSM country and with you referring to it translating this to 011, that is for international calling. In the example given, you gave +1 and a 10 digit number that is not international. Sometimes the +1 is preceded by the 10 digit number calling. In the attempt to deleting it came back, as the device may still need the +1 to complete the call. 

Perhaps its a dialing requirement to the number where your calling due to an area code overlay related issue. 

0 Likes
mgw6969

has a fix been published yet? i'm a thunderbolt user and experiencing the same problem.  all accounts synced with facebook automatically put a +1 in front of the phone number which would normally identify the number as a US International Phone Number and wouldn't cause problems under normal circumstances.  however, by doing this the phone adds the number one to the front of the area code, making it a 11 digit number, thus making it unable for the customer to dial it.  what's the fix verizon?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Since contact phone numbers listed in Facebook  have a "1" in front of them, the "1" comes back when the Thunderbolt syncs the numbers from Facebook to the device. I would like to suggest going to Facebook.com and editing the phone numbers so they do not show a "1 " in front of them. Then, force a sync with the Thunderbolt. This should update the changes in the device.

Please let us know if you have any additional concerns. Thank you and have a great day!

0 Likes