whenever i make a call on my htc one m7, the microphone delivers extremely bad quality. the person on the other line cant hear me. To fix this problem i use speaker and it somehow works. Its annoying having to do this every phone call. what should i do?
lauten
Enthusiast - Level 1
Re: whenever i make a call on my htc one m7, the microphone delivers extremely bad quality. the person on the other line cant hear me. To fix this problem i use speaker and it somehow works. Its annoying having to do this every phone call. what should i d
Not applicable

lauten,

Wow, that does seem to be very odd! How long have you been having these kind of audio issues? Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage? How is the audio coming on your end? Are you able to hear the other person pretty clear? One thing that I would try doing is to power the phone off all the way. Once the phone is off please remove the sim card: http://vz.to/1kHHckK Leave the sim card out for a good 10-15 seconds and then place it back into the device. Power the device on and re-try a phone call again. Please keep us posted.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: whenever i make a call on my htc one m7, the microphone delivers extremely bad quality. the person on the other line cant hear me. To fix this problem i use speaker and it somehow works. Its annoying having to do this every phone call. what should i d
myelbow

I have the exact same problem as you.  It has only started happening in the last 2 weeks.  I have never had any issues prior over the 12 months I've had this phone.  I have no idea what to do and yet this is the only phone line I have available to me so life gets sort of hard when you can't communicate with people.  =\

Anyone have any suggested solutions or perhaps an idea what started the problem?  I haven't damaged the phone that I know of nor has there been any water damage that I'm aware of.

Thanks,

Blake

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange myelbow! Did this issue start after installing a particular application or updating software? Have you tried doing a factory reset? If not, please do and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
myelbow

It started about 3 weeks ago which was about a 1 or so prior to a new update.  There were no updates that coincided with the start of the problem.  I have not damaged my phone, no water damage, etc., etc.  I don't see the point in a factory reset as there are tons of people across multiple mobile companies with the same phone and the same problem which has randomly occurred up to a year ago all the way up until now.  No suggested solutions I have found anywhere on any forum have resolved this issue aside from replacing the phone so far as I know.  I have no idea at this point if it's a software or hardware issue and so on.

Thanks,

Blake

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

myelbow,

We can understand how important having a working device is. I am sorry to hear that you are having microphone issues. Is there a software update that is available for you to update to? Does this happen on every call?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
myelbow

The problem started just before an update was available and that update has been downloaded and applied and there has been no change.  Yes, it happens on every call no matter where I am located at the time of the call.

Thanks,

Blake

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your hesitation with a factory reset, myelbow. It does sound like the issue could be physical. However, we want to rule out the possibility of your software causing the issue. The next step after resetting would be to check on options for your warranty. Please back up your device, and complete a reset. Let us know if the issue is resolved, or if it persists, and we can proceed from that point based on the results. http://vz.to/1fybnKC

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
thrillofachase
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also having this problem, which seems to have come out of nowhere.

Anything recorded with the microphone or said during phone calls comes through as very loud static. The only thing that seems to work is putting it on speaker phone.

To answer the questions that reps seem to ask:

• I'm not using a case, and the microphone is not being blocked in any physical way
  • I haven't updated recently.
  • I also just did a factory reset (which is such a crappy option, but I felt like it was a last resort), and nothing changed.

I'm pretty frustrated at this moment, and this seems like a major software problem with HTC Ones:

HELP!! Callers can't hear me. In call audio drops out during calls. Mic stops working.

HTC One Microphone static & muffled

People cant hear me on a call, usage doubled just this month.

whenever i make a call on my htc one m7, the microphone delivers extremely bad quality. the person o...

When are we going to get a fix for this? Between this and the issue with the camera making everything pink, I feel like HTC should be doing a recall. My phone is only a year old, and it's practically unusable. I really need some help here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@thrillofachase

I can imagine your frustration behind this issue!  I would love the opportunity to assist.

Seeing that you have already completed the neccessary troubleshooting steps, let's see what we need to do next.  Please send me Direct Message so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes