wifi error
tonkatruck
So I got the update a few days ago. It fixed a lot of my problems, but not I can not turn on my WiFi. When I try all it says is error. Tried turning it on with no data connection, tried turning it on in airplane mode just got error. Any one else have this problem?
0 Likes
Re: wifi error
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello tonkatruck,

I know what an inconvenience it can be not being able to have a WiFi connection on your device.  Can you please let us know what device you currently have? What specific error are you receiving?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Daisy,

Odds are if the post is in the Thunderbolt forum, the phone in question is a Thunderbolt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tonkatruck
All it says is error and that's it...
0 Likes
Raikuga
Enthusiast - Level 2

Come to think of it, I had this problem too with my Thunderbolt, before it shut down. Since I cannot access my phone, I can't get details. hopefully, I'll have it working today. But I do know that I didn't agree to an update so I don't think the update was the problem.

It didn't give a specific error. when I tried to toggle it via the Sense widget, it would do the animation showing tha tit's trying to turn on, then it would just remain gray. Then I tried doing it through the Settings menu, and it would just say "Error" under the "Turn on wifi" option and not turn on.

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure if this will help you, as I'm not exactly sure what wifi error you are getting.

But I know, for me, in the past, sometimes when i did an update and Google restored some of my settings, I would need to forget the wifi connection (Wireless connection setup - pick your router then tell it to forget).

I would then need to search again for available devices and then "reconnect".

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Dnakaman wrote:

Not sure if this will help you, as I'm not exactly sure what wifi error you are getting.

But I know, for me, in the past, sometimes when i did an update and Google restored some of my settings, I would need to forget the wifi connection (Wireless connection setup - pick your router then tell it to forget).

I actually think this could be a workable solution, might be worth trying..

0 Likes
Raikuga
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dnakaman wrote:

This doesn't work. When I go to the Settings menu, the add wi-fi network option is grayed out. I can't select it unless wifi is enabled.

I just did a factory reset, too.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Have you tried rebooting? 

0 Likes
Raikuga
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I just rebooted 30 minutes ago.

Edit: I rebooted again, and then tried it in safe mode. It still doesn't work.

0 Likes