1. Stuck in Dock Mode starting today. 2. "Personalize" is broke. "Unfortunately Personalize has stopped." No I haven't physically mistreated my phone in any way. I want to dump Lollipop and go back to KitKat.
WGWilder

1. Today my phone is now stuck in Dock Mode. Don't want Dock Mode. Don't need Dock Mode.

2. Can't run Personalize. "Unforunately Personalize has stopped."

Do you have a real solution? I haven't done anything different to my phone than I do every day.

I want to dump Lollipop and go back to KitKat. How??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 1. Stuck in Dock Mode starting today. 2. "Personalize" is broke. "Unfortunately Personalize has stopped." No I haven't physically mistreated my phone in any way. I want to dump Lollipop and go back to KitKat.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
WgWilder  I definitely want to make sure we get you back up and running at 100% with your device! I'd love to review any available options we have. Are you currently using the HTC One (M8) for Windows or the All New HTC One (M8)? When did you start getting the personalize error?  RuthW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: 1. Stuck in Dock Mode starting today. 2. "Personalize" is broke. "Unfortunately Personalize has stopped." No I haven't physically mistreated my phone in any way. I want to dump Lollipop and go back to KitKat.
cgirardin77

I am having exact same issue as WGWilder. Also coincidentally startingonly after Lollipop update, which quite frankly sucks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
cgirardin77, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the software update?   LasinaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
WGWilder

the problem resolved itself.

0 Likes
nickypants

I am having the same problem I just got the phone yesterday and after about an hour of having it and personalize stopped and just stops every time I try to click into it I need to know what to do

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get your phone working the way it should be nickypants! Have you recently installed any new third party applications when you noticed the personalize options stop working? Have you tried powering the device off and back on? Does the device stop when trying to set up a specific option?

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JLintheTL

I can't speak for the personalization issue, but I was able to fix the car/docking issue.  I noticed that there was quite a bit of build up of lint and dust in the USB port so I used a toothpick to loosen/dislodge the debris.  I then used a toothbrush to scrub as much of it off as possible.  Finally, I used an air can to blow whatever remnants left and now my phone is "normal" again.  No more weird landscape mode for the home screen and no more car mode/dock.  It's only been 24hrs so hopefully the problem doesn't re-appear.  Give that a try and I hope that fixes the issue.  Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
NWar

Would like to add another to the list of "stuck in dock mode, Wifi turning on by itself, calls going directly to speaker phone, Personalize crashing"

Upgraded to lollipop last night and dock mode started today. Before asking if I did.......

1 No physical/water damage

2 Has been factory restored (3 times)

3 Cash cleared

3 NO apps have been installed (has clean OS)

4 NO case

5 USB and Audio jack are clean

6 Using factory cable and charger

7 car and dock apps are disabled (notification still pops up)

8 Happens both in normal and safe mode

There is something going on and since nothing had changed with my hardware over night, the issue must be software as the only thing that did changed was the OS

0 Likes
erocker

I'm also stuck in Dock Mode as of today 7/16/2015. Nothing has been installed, I have the "official" charger. Nothing is damaged and everything is clean.

I tried to disable Dock Mode and even though it says it's disabled, it's still there, always in dock mode.

0 Likes