Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alarm silent when phone in vibrate mode. won't allow me to adjust the volume.
Wigman

I've been using this phone for 13 months exactly, and this last week my alarm stopped working. I like to have my ringer volume on vibrate when I am asleep with my alarm volume loud but now whenever I put the phone in vibrate mode, my alarm volume goes to silent and I can not adjust the volume until I turn the ringer volume back on. How can I fix this? Every Verizon or HTC person I've talked to recommends factory reset right off the bat, but I don't want to do that. That's like sending a nuclear bomb to fix one small problem so what else can I try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Alarm silent when phone in vibrate mode. won't allow me to adjust the volume.
Wigman

well, answering my own question. I separately installed a clock app called "Alarm Clock Xtreme free" and in this app it has a setting called "Play alarm in Silent mode" that fixed what ever glitch was causing my other app my phone came with to not work properly. The problem is fixed and I am happy. I have not tried uninstalling the new clock app, but I am just using the built in phone clock app as my alarm still with the other app idly installed, specifically for the single check box.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Alarm silent when phone in vibrate mode. won't allow me to adjust the volume.
Wigman

well, answering my own question. I separately installed a clock app called "Alarm Clock Xtreme free" and in this app it has a setting called "Play alarm in Silent mode" that fixed what ever glitch was causing my other app my phone came with to not work properly. The problem is fixed and I am happy. I have not tried uninstalling the new clock app, but I am just using the built in phone clock app as my alarm still with the other app idly installed, specifically for the single check box.

0 Likes