Apps crashes after 5.0.1 update
eyalbarash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have an unlocked version of HTC One M8.

Device Serial #: [removed]

Android version: 5.0.1

SW #: 4.17.605.5

The device was recently upgraded using HTC Sync Manager to 5.0.1

Since upgraded, apps crashes constantly. I've tried resetting to factory default and reinstalling everything on a fresh clean env. but it's the same. Some apps cannot be reinstalled at all.

I guess a newer version of Lolipop such as 5.1 or even lower might solve some of those issues, however I couldn't find a way to do it.

As I don't have a Verizon number (I'm using a local SIM) I cannot register to the website and start a chat support call. I'd appreciate your kind support.

Thank you.

Serial number removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apps crashes after 5.0.1 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I would be just as concerned over this issue as well, eyalbarash. There has been a solution that has been made available. Please go to: Settings > App manager and select ALL. Scroll down the list of applications and select “Android System Webview” then select Uninstall

This should help clear this issue! Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
eyalbarash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow!

It works now like magic!

On Apr 29, 2015 4:59 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

A new version of Android System WebView has been built to address these issues (version 42.0.2311.137).

The update is currently being rolled out through the Play Store.

If you have auto updates enabled on your phone, the new version will update automatically. If you do not have auto updates enabled, you will need to accept the update via Google Play. https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en