Call has been lost
4oldman
Contributor - Level 1

I've been getting Subject error a lot lately. 

I've tried changing the Call preferred network to CDMA, LTE/legacy or Global (LTE mode won't allow any calls) with mixed success.  I'll key in the number, the phone says  'Dialing', and after about 30 seconds of dead air the 'Call has been lost ' message appears with a beeping noise.  The only sure fire way I can make calls is through 4g and Google phone. 

WTH is happening?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Call has been lost
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

Can you provide more information? When did this start happening? Does it happen in multiple locations or one location?  Is anyone else that you know having the same issue?  Have you tried rebooting the phone?

0 Likes
4oldman
Contributor - Level 1

It started happening after the last big update.  I'm near Palm Springs.  Yes, I've restarted the phone many times.

0 Likes
4oldman
Contributor - Level 1

Yesterday, near the Salton Sea, it was so bad I had to use Google phone via the hotspot.

0 Likes
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

You may need a new SIM card.  However, I would first suggest taking out the SIM card (carefully) and cleaning the gold contacts on it with a soft cloth.

0 Likes
4oldman
Contributor - Level 1

You may be on to something.  I removed the SIM card holder, but it came out sans card.  Oops!

0 Likes
4oldman
Contributor - Level 1

Should I be trying to shake it out?

0 Likes
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

What phone do you have?  Is the SIM behind the battery?  You may have to use a small pair of tweezers, but be careful.

0 Likes
4oldman
Contributor - Level 1

I have the phone that's the same as the heading of this forum.  Tweezers?  I doubt I could get them in there.  My phone won't even receive texts unless the data is turned on, and that's never happened.

0 Likes
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

Oops, sorry about that. Here is a video on how to remove the SIM. If you don't have the SIM removal tool then try a paper clip. HTC One M8 - How to change the SIM card - YouTube.  I'm really thinking that you probably need a new SIM though.  I would suggest calling VZW and asking them to send you one.  You may even be able to order one online.  They are free.  If replacing the SIM doesn't resolve the issue, then you will need to get the phone replaced.

0 Likes