Re: Call has been lost
4oldman
Contributor - Level 1

I appreciate the help, but I don't seem to have a Sim card.  All that comes out of the phone is the rectangular frame.  And I looked in the hole with a flashlight, and shook the phone, but it's as if it's just gone. 

I think I need to visit a store.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the SIM card isn't there, it would have never been activated on the Verizon Wireless network. Did it get lost somehow?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

Well, that's the issue. You need a SIM card.

>> Personal information/e-mail reply/headers removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mikeg803,

Watch the email replies. If you aren't careful you can expose your email address to the entire world.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Ann.  What was showing though?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mikeg803 wrote:

Thanks Ann.  What was showing though?

Your email address plus the rest of the email heaters and a complete text version of the email (post) you replied to.

0 Likes
Kalos

I've had the same problem: "Call has been lost" error message on my HTC One M8, before even getting through to a dialed number. (Location is near Baltimore).

I went to a local Verizon store and they replaced the SIM card. They demonstrated that calls got through (in the store at least) with the new SIM card.

However, the next morning, I could neither place nor receive voice calls (though text messages seem to work OK).

So what's the next step, and is this a common problem with HTC One M8?

0 Likes
zhoumai123

My daughter has the same problem on the HTC m8 phone (Call has been lost) but she fixed it now!

Can you go to Network settings (from mobile data) and then go to Preffered Network. Click Global mode. It should be working. Let me know if it works! If not, you have to do a system reset, resetting the phone back to factory mode. 

If all else fails call Verizon at 611 at technical support

0 Likes