Can I automatically turn off 4G?
calliecody

I want to automatically turn off 4G when I am within range of my wifi so I save on data. I keep forgetting to do this on my own. Does anyone know of a way or an app that does this. I tried the app Tasker but it will not work on 5.0+

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: automatically turn off 4G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Calliecody, I can understand how important this setting can be for you and we certainly don't want you to have any overages. However, 4G is not an option to automatically turn off since it's designed to be turned off manually. You can have your phone to automatically connect to WiFi once it's within range. What make and model of phone do you have?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Calliecody, I can understand how important this setting can be for you and we certainly don't want you to have any overages. However, 4G is not an option to automatically turn off since it's designed to be turned off manually. You can have your phone to automatically connect to WiFi once it's within range. What make and model of phone do you have?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
calliecody

I have the HTC M8. Having the wifi turn on automatically only causes my battery to drain quicker. That wouldn't do me any good. I will just have to try and remember to turn off the data.

Thanks

0 Likes