Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contact list purged
chromegnome

HTC One M8 attempted to update something - I believe it was Google Play - then died with 20% battery remaining and upon restarting has deleted all contacts, removed all widgets and Google cards from my home screens, and reset the keyboard and messaging apps to default.  Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contact list purged
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is very odd for a phone to do without initiating a factory reset, chomegnome. Did you receive a prompt to start an update or was it automatic? Have you previously backed up information with Verizon Cloud or another source?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reneeinpa13

same thing happened to me last night. for the past week the phone is turning off at about 20% power with no warning. last night i had trouble with it, tried to restart and when I finally did all my contacts were gone, settings gone, call history gone, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is not the experience we want you to  have with your amazing device reneeinpa13. Have you performed any software updates recently? Do you have  your contacts save to any 3rd party apps?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes