Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTC M8 Failing
helarina1

My HTC M8 has been failing and is becoming unusable. The phone will not open or will force close all apps, repeatedly freezes and reboots while performing simple tasks, and lags on all levels. I have cleared the cache and unused apps/data, I have moved nearly every file and program to the SD card, I have done a soft reset and a factory reset. After the factory reset I have installed very basic apps in hopes that would help yet it does not. The phone continues to get worse and is becoming unusable. What is my course of action aside from going to the store and running through the same processes that I have already been doing myself? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC M8 Failing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
We want to get you back to business, helarina1! I regret the frustration this has caused and I appreciate you taking so many steps to troubleshoot. We have seen performance improvement by uninstalling auto updates of the Android WebView default app. Please go to Play Store>Menu>My Apps>Android WebView>Uninstall updates if available. Please keep me updated on the status!
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
helarina1

Thank you for the response. I did find webview on play but there were no

updates to uninstall.

On May 6, 2015 2:22 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
helarina1

Just following up. There were no updates to uninstall on webviewer. The

phone is still not working and continues to get worse. Please advise on the

next step.

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:12 AM, helen van riper <helen.vanriper@gmail.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
helarina1,

I appreciate your patience while we work on getting this corrected. When you select uninstall 'Android System Webview" are you getting any error messages? The goal is to uninstall and Google will correct the application. Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes