HTC M8 Goes to Docking Mode
rockco
Enthusiast - Level 1

My M8 started going to Docking Mode randomly today. Twice while I was on the phone it switched causing speaker phone to turn on full volume into my ear. I was painful!!! I am afraid to use the phone now. It really hurt! This is unacceptable..sorry..I am not into blowing out my ear drums. I disabled it in the APP Manager..it still tunrns ON!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC M8 Goes to Docking Mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rockco, are you ok? Having the HTC M8 going into Docking Mode is not what we want. We want you to be able to use the phone without it going into speaker by itself. When using the phone, was the phone on the charger? Did the device go through a power cycle after the application was disable?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
strawless

I also encountered this issue.  It's incredibly annoying as dock mode seems to be battery drain mode.  I used CPU-Z and it was maxing out all 4 processors on this phone, somehow the music and media applications are going into overdrive when they aren't even in use.  Luckily, after scouring the internet and taking a few tips from numerous different sites I believe I finally have a SW based solution for this annoying HW issue (it's worked 4 hours straight for me) to fix the annoying dock mode but charging still seems to be an issue.

1) Download Dock No-Op from the Google Play Store (Dock No-Op - Android Apps on Google Play)

2) Settings -> Applications -> All Applications.  Force Close the Dock Application and then Disable It.  Dock No-Op should take over

3) Disable Car Mode

4) Disable HTCMode

Now when the HW glitches the phone to go into Dock Mode nothing happens.

0 Likes
Matminder

I just had the same issue and it was due to some junk in the audio jack, next to the charging port. Blew it out and the icon just went away. No further issues.

0 Likes