HTC M8 battery draining extremely fast and phone is not charging properly!
villa_t
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my HTC One M8 since it was released.  I have never had any issue with this phone previously.  All the smart phones I have had prior to the M8 were horrible.  I used to LOVE this phone!  Since receiving the update to lollipop I have had numerous issues.  I have been able to resolve them until now.  Currently on a full charge with little to no usage my phone battery is draining in a matter of hours.  The phone will no longer charge properly.  I just recently did a factory reset to the phone hoping that this would help with the issue but it has not helped.  I have tried every way possible to get the phone to charge.  I have tried the plug and cable that came with the phone.  I have tried my husband's charger (he has the same phone and has not had any issues!)  I have tried the car charger, I have tried to charge from an external battery pack, I have tried to charge from the PC.  I get an error message that the phone is using to much power and cannot charge and to shut down apps that are not being used.  I did a factory reset and got rid of all the apps.  I have not reinstalled any other than my security app.  The only way to actually get a charge to the phone is to shut the power completely off.  Then it is extremely slow (6-8) to get a full charge from about 50%.  If I plug the phone into the charger it will show the green battery and will appear to be charging but when I check back later it will have actually lost more battery even though it shows to be charging. 

I have no idea what to do.  My phone is actually powered off 80% of the time trying to get the battery to charge.  I have not reinstalled any apps so whatever is preventing it from charging is in the system apps, not anything I have installed.  This is obviously very frustrating as the phone is now pretty much useless. Like I said I loved this phone before the upgrade and never had any issues.

Somebody please help! 

Labels (2)
Re: HTC M8 battery draining extremely fast and phone is not charging properly!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are meant to improve your device villa.t. I regret to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with your device. Allow us to get to the bottom of your equipment concerns When did you update your phone?  I understand your husband has the same phone. Did he also update the software on his phone? How long does your phone last after a full charge.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lurking
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem as the poster above. I updated whenever the update was released, I should say, my phone updated for me. Here is what I've done:

1. Factory Reset

2. Tried some battery calibration Verizon Support suggested on another post.

3. Battery life has continually gotten worse so I did a SECOND Factory Reset and it has made it worse.

After doing all of these things, I can only get my phone to charge to 17%. The phone says it will take 13 hours to charge but it never charges. Just shows the battery charging arrow and stays at 17%

I'm at the end of my rope. I see this as a failure of Android, HTC and Verizon.

1. I've had my phone a year, so it's out of warranty and I will have to pay full price to buy a new one.

2. I didn't want to upgrade, it was just automatically done by the phone.

3. My phone has gone from reliable and able to get a full day of battery usage to a brick that I am constantly trying to charge.

The frustration level with this is very high. I used my phone all the time and now I can't use it at all. I can't take calls because they drain the battery so quickly.

I am EXTREMELY unhappy and considering paying the termination fee with Verizon and moving elsewhere.

B33
Legend

The Update comes to your Device,  its then your choice to pass on it Via using the Timer to install it and to have it Automatically install once it reaches such time I have Passed on the Download several Times but can see that it can get by ya if your doing something at the time of Update..

All I can suggest is to do possibly another F.R. or right before that do a System Cache clear then may do the F.R. if that does not resolve anything then you may have to either contact HTC or see if Verizon can send you out another One M8

0 Likes
mattsfrustration
Enthusiast - Level 1

exact same problem started last night right out of a year of service

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Still got the ole 4.4.2 & HappySmiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to experience any problems with your device, mattsfrustration. Are you also unable to charge your phone, or just experiencing problems with draining?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mattsfrustration
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's draining an very slow to charge

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mattsfrustration

Thanks for clarifying!  When did this problem begin?  Are you using the wall charger that came with your device?  Have you tried charging with a different charger?  Any recent changes to the device software or any new applications downloaded?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
villa_t
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally got mad and called tech support. They could not figure out what the problem was either. I have total equipment coverage which covers the device after the warranty period ends. Since I did not cause any kind of damage that could cause an issue they sent me out a new phone. I got it today. Works perfect! Good luck, I know it is frustrating. Hope you get yours going better soon.