HTC One M8 Not Turning On or Charging
livefastdiepretty

My HTC One M8 is not turning on or charging.  When plugged into the wall with either the original cord or another cord the light blinks red and the charging screen comes up but it stays at 0% (the phone has been charging for over 12 hours and is still at 0%).  When I use the original cord connected to my laptop the charging screen does not come up, but the light blinks red.

I have tried holding the power button with the volume down button, the volume up button, and both volume buttons pressed - but nothing happens.  I have does this with the phone plugged into the wall (battery charging screen turns on and off still at 0%), plugged into my laptop (nothing happens - red light continues blinking), and unplugged (nothing happens - red light continues blinking).  I have also tried clicking the power button quickly, with no success. Please help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 Not Turning On or Charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
livefastdiepretty, this would definitely have me very concerned too. The M8 is an awesome phone, so let's do all we can to help out. Those are all very good troubleshooting steps you have performed already.

How long ago did you purchase your M8? Are there any signs of physical or water/moisture damage in the headphone port and charge port areas?

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 Not Turning On or Charging
Joel_Don
Enthusiast - Level 1

This exactly what mine did but, luckily I tried a friend's track phone charger and it still works better than the rest..

0 Likes