HTC One M8 System Update
Cataclizmik

My HTC One M8 shows it has "HTC6525LVW_3.28.605.9-3.28.605.4_R" as the most recent software update installed March 11th of 2015.

That is nearly an entire year ago. No new updates have been made available since, and it has already been established this phone has the stagefright vulnerability. I am starting to have issues with many apps crashing and becoming unresponsive.

WHEN WILL A NEW UPDATE BECOME AVAILABLE? HAVE YOU GIVEN UP SUPPORTING THIS PHONE?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 System Update
ron1284
Enthusiast - Level 2

+1

Verizon's support program is pathetic. Quite frankly, I'm inclined to leave Verizon for another carrier because I'm tired of their lackadaisical take on keeping software up to date. Either keep software current or let us gain S-Off so we can flash the rom direct from HTC.

0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 System Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always support any of our devices that our on our network.  Updates to the software of the device are a different issue though, they are created and implemented by the manufacturer (in this case HTC).  While we are happy to help make sure you have the latest verson of the software they have created for you that would be our only ability on that end.
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes