HTC One M8 duplicate texts
Vzuser84

Since the marshmallow update, my phone has been receiving duplicate texts. I am using the Verizon message + app. It says it's up to date. It's from various people. I have restarted my phone and cleared the cache.

Any advice?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 duplicate texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duplicate text are not fun. No worries, we are here to help. What happens if you try the other messaging apps, does it also duplicate? How are your text that you send, are they duplicating as well?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wristshot19

I am having this same issue. Messages all disappeared one day. Tried to do a restore from cloud and they came back even though the restore reported a failure. Now all new messages  received are being duplicated. It's draining my battery because each message triggers 2 notifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wristshot19 I would feel annoyed if my text were duplicates. Let's see how we can fix this for you. What happens when you delete the Verizon Messages Application and reinstall it? If you have not tried this basic step, please do so and let us know if it helps.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes