HTC One M8 not charging
MrsRobynDavis

For the  last two days I cannot get my HTC One M8 to charge worth a darn!! 

Plugged in overnight last night and night before and lucky to get a 20% increase in battery.

I have charged it on, in airplane mode, turned all data connections off, turned phone off and nothing seems to help the issue. 

Went to bed last night with 46%, phone in airplane mode and charged for 7 hours only getting me to 62%

I have tried all three cords that I have as well, obviously hoping it was an issue with the cord I was using yesterday but that is in fact apparently not the case.

Anyone else having this issue or have some advice? I've been trying to chat with Verizon customer service for two days and their agents for "help using your phone" are always busy it seems.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 not charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MrsRobynDavis help is here! Lets work on this together. Just a couple questions for you. When you are charging the phone, is it plugged directly into a wall outlet using the charger that came with the phone? Prior to this, has there been any changes with your phone? New software or apps?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
MrsRobynDavis

Yes I have tried direct wall charging with the original cord. I have

uninstalled recent apps that I have installed and have actually factory

reset my phone now.

On May 22, 2015 8:31 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MrsRobynDavis, that is good information. Thank you for trying all of these steps for us. If you look into the charging port on the phone is there any kind of lint, debris, corrosion, or any kind of physical damage to it? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
clwbennett

Hi there...

I was wondering if any solution was ever found with this user, as my phone of the same model is also having the same problem for three days now. I followed all of your directions, even attempted charging it through the Verizon rapid charge car charger to no avail. I see nothing present in the charging port on the phone and am at a loss as to what to do next!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clwbennett, I want to make sure your device is able to take a charge without any issues. Was there any new 3rd party applications that were downloaded recently or any kind of updates to the phone? When you plug your charger into the phone, do you get any kind of errors on the screen? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
afinein

I have been having this same issue for the past week or two as well. The problem first started when I noticed my battery dying slightly faster than usual. I decided to delete some apps that I haven't used in a while. Then a couple days ago I would plug the charger into the phone but it wouldn't charge (the LED light wouldn't even turn on saying it was charging). If I gently tapped the phone it might start charging again. When the phone would charge, it would be extremely slow. Then I started getting error messages more recently that my phone cannot charge because it is using too much power. in other words, even though it was "charging", it wasn't enough to charge my battery. At this point I deleted even more apps and restarted my phone. That helped a little bit but I will still get that error message a couple times a day. I have tried two different USB cords and two different things that you plug the cable in and plug it into the outlet. I have also tried using my car charger with the same problems. I have tried charging my phone with data and wifi turned off, in airplane mode, and with the phone completely turned off. I have only installed apps from Google Play and all the chargers work perfectly on my tablet. I do not see any dirt or anything in the USB charging port on my phone. One last thing I should add is that about when this all started, I noticed the Verizon Security feature on my phone that scans for viruses would randomly start leaving notifications saying "scan finished. No threats found" or something like that. It is set to only scan when I receive new messages, download apps, and do a whole system check once a week so it is a bit odd it would be scanning a couple times every hour... I couldn't even find what it was scanning.

I also want to mention that I put my phone on the charger when I started typing this about 10-15 minutes ago because it was dead. It is now only at 1% and I have not turned it on yet

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

afinein,

Being able to keep your phone charged is a definite must. I am so sorry to learn of your troubles with this. You've provided some very helpful information. By chance, do you notice that any of the chargers are lose when you plug it in?
ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
afinein

Hi Erin, thanks for such a quick response! Now that you mention it, I have noticed the connection has been a bit lose. It's not super lose to the point where it just falls out but it's not as snug of a fit as my tablet either. After my previous post my phone completely stopped charging. I would plug it in, the orange LED light would flash with a battery on the screen and then it would just go blank. I left it unplugged for just over an hour and plugged it back in about 10-15 minutes ago. Had to try a couple times to get it charging but I finally got it and it is now up to 8%. Imy afraid if I pick it up right now I won't get it to charge again. Not sure if any of this additional information helps or not.

0 Likes
afinein

Not sure if anyone fro, Verizon is going to reply to me again but my battery issue has not gone away. My battery level even goes down while my phone is turned off and chsrging. Seems like the only way I can get it to charge is to let it completely din and then charge it. But even then it may not charge, or may only charge part way. My phone was dead last night so I put it on the charger. When I woke up 6 hours later the orange LED charge light was still on and my phone was only chowing 30% battery. When I looked at my batteey history it showed it stopped charging part way through the night even though the orange LED light was on. It also shows that my phone got up to about 70% but right around the tice I turned my screen on it dropped to 30%

0 Likes