HTC m8 stopped downloading and refresh apps
Issagt

Guys: I have an HTC m8 that since the last update to marshmallow my phone do not want to update my apps!!! No HTC apps or google apps. Also the Google Play Store is not updating or downloading new apps. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC m8 stopped downloading and refresh apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Issagt,

I'm big on downloading a lot of apps myself, so I definitely understand needing them updated. What happens when you try to update them, exactly? If you try to download a new app in the Playstore, what happens? Are you connected to Wifi or data when this happens, and have you tried to use the opposite (Wifi or data)?
LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Issagt

I did used either or and both. No luck. I also erased the cache partition,

same no luck.

On Mar 19, 2016 12:40 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Issagt, Those are great steps. In this case our next step will need to be more aggressive. Make sure you have all of your important information saved. This next step requries a full reset of the phone. Follow steps here:http://spr.ly/6588BgmmA.
TrinetteW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lssagt,

We know how awesome apps can be & let’s face it; having a smartphone without apps just doesn’t make sense. Let’s get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you for trying those steps. What we will need to do is a factory data reset to your phone. Don’t worry, everything will be backed up with the free app called Verizon Cloud. Please see these steps http://vz.to/1O2SnCE on Verizon Cloud. When everything is backed up, please perform the factory data reset by following these steps http://vz.to/1ZnYaXf. After this is done, please keep me posted on the outcome.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
Issagt

I was avoiding that step since I believe that is ridiculous that every time

Verizon comes with a major software I have to start from scratch. Verizon

need to find a better software engineers that are able to fix and oversees

this kind of issue. I'm really disappointed with Verizon at this time.

I did a full reset a couple of days ago ant took me about 17 hours to fully

set my phone with my applications.

No wonder IOS customers are so happy with their product and company...

Have a good day

On Mar 22, 2016 8:59 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes