How do I activate free basic Visual Voicemail on HTC One M8?
ab246

Hi There,

I am trying to activate this free basic Visual VM on my HTC one M8. I do not see the option on my Verizon features page, and when I go to the voicemail app on the phone, I only see the option to add 2.99 plan or free trial, or just do call-in voicemail. Does anyone know if this feature is available on this phone, or if the feature is only available with certain plans? I'm new to android and this phone and really want to set this up and know if it is possible. ANY help at all would be appreciated! I'm coming from an iphone and just want this to work.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to activate FREE basic Visual Voicemail on HTC One M8? Please help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am here to the rescue ab246! I love using the basic visual voice mail myself. You actually don't have to do anything. If you go to the voice mail on your phone it will ask you if you like the premium  but you can decline it and use the basic feature. Here are some instructions http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-108304/ that can guide you.  Please let me know if you have any more questions.

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am here to the rescue ab246! I love using the basic visual voice mail myself. You actually don't have to do anything. If you go to the voice mail on your phone it will ask you if you like the premium  but you can decline it and use the basic feature. Here are some instructions http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-108304/ that can guide you.  Please let me know if you have any more questions.

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ab246

Hi Amber,

Thank you for the response. Just to be clear, I have an HTC One M8, not the M7. I think that the instructions you sent me may have been for the M7. If not, I don't see the screen that you reference and those instructions mention. When I go to the voicemail app, I don't see an option for basic visual voicemail. I'm attaching a screenshot of what happens when i go to the voicemail app. If you can please tell me what to do to get the free basic visual ( I don't need/want the paid service), I would appreciate it. I see no way to activate it in MyVerizon online. Does it need to be activated on my account?

Thank you and I do appreciate any guidance you can give.

Screenshot_2015-06-03-13-20-14.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of your Visual Voicemail concerns ab246. I would like to provide some clarification regarding the Basic Visual Voicemail. You may begin the free 30 day trial for Premium Visual Voicemail. At the end of the 30 days you will receive an option to subscribe to the $2.99 premium visual voicemail or revert to basic visual voicemail. You also have the option to end the free trial before the 30 days and select basic visual voicemail by selecting options in the visual voicemail app<end free trial or end premium free trial.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ab246

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your response. I do just have two questions:

1) If I decline the free trial on the screen that I posted, what happens? ( I don't need or want the trial, but I do want the basic visual VM), and I'd rather not enroll and cancel... If I decline, will I still be able to activate the basic VVM?

2) Does the basic visual voicemail need to be activated in my account in order for it to work? There is no option for me to enable this in my account although I have seen other verizon customers mention that they have this option.

I just want to be sure about the actions to take on this screen to avoid headaches later.

I do appreciate your help! THanks!

0 Likes
ab246

Hi VZW Customer Service,

I'd really like to figure this out and get free visual basic VM set up. Please help. Based on the above screen on my HTC One M8, what should I do to activate this service. I don't want the free trial of premium. Basic visual will be fine. I can't activate it on my Verizon online because it is not an option in my features. And, is this service available on all phone plans, even the older ones?

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ab246,

I want to make sure we help get this resolved for you. I have sent a private message to better assist.

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ab246

HI there,

If you can please just answer my questions here, I would appreciate it. In this way, others can also benefit from the information.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ab246, I appreciate you looking out for the community this way! Whenever we ask for a Direct Message or send a Direct Message to you, it is because we would need to check settings or review account specific inforamtion in order to provide the next most effective step(s) for completion. While we are eager to provide the answers, here; at times the resolution is based on your specific account information. If you feel more comfortable speaking with us, you can also contact our Technical Support team directly by phone at 800-922-0204. I'm confident they'll be able to ensure your Voicemail is up and working as you prefer. Thank you.

TanishaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ab246

Thanks for this answer. Can you please answer this, though:

If I click on "decline free offer" on the screenshot that I posted, will it automatically revert to the basic, free visual voicemail? Is this free option plan specific AT ALL? For example, does this feature work on America's Choice plans?  Please do respond.

Thanks.

0 Likes