How do I stop a gmail sign-in error?
FrustratedNEOhio
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last several days i get an error symbol in the notification bar, explained as "signin error for <myemail>@gmail.com/tap to learn more details".  when i tap it, it takes me to an app info page entitled: Android System version 4.4.4-eng.buildteam.20140930.011048.  everything is grayed out except for Force Close, and force closing does not stop this symbol from popping up several times a day.  Any idea what this is, and more importantly, how to stop it? Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: for the last several days i get an error symbol in the notification bar, explained as "signin error for <myemail>@gmail.com/tap to learn more details". when i tap it, it takes me to an app info page entitled: Android System version 4.4.4-eng.buildtea
frismanis
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to go into your settings -> google and remove your google acct, then add it back. 

It is the first error & fix in this post...

http://thedroidguy.com/2015/01/fix-common-htc-one-m8-problems-errors-part-22-102204#fmUkjUKXXewze1QB...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: for the last several days i get an error symbol in the notification bar, explained as "signin error for <myemail>@gmail.com/tap to learn more details". when i tap it, it takes me to an app info page entitled: Android System version 4.4.4-eng.buildtea
shrub
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. It started yesterday after I changed my google account password on my laptop. I have changed the password on my android google account (I think) but don't know what this error means and how to make it go away.

KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

FrustratedNEOhio,

Getting that annoying notification so often must be maddening! We'll definitely help stop it. Did this start happening after you made any changes to your Gmail account like a password change? Any updates to the phone or the app just prior to this error message starting?

SarahO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

FrustratedNEOhio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't changed any Google passwords lately. There have been a lot of updates lately, probably in preparation for Lollipop, but it's impossible to keep track of which ones updated when.

0 Likes
krypr0rg

I'm having the same issue with my HTC M8 since last five days. Please let me know if you know how to fix this crap

0 Likes
Nadroj

I am having the same problem.  I can't get rid of it.

0 Likes
frismanis
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to go into your settings -> google and remove your google acct, then add it back. 

It is the first error & fix in this post...

http://thedroidguy.com/2015/01/fix-common-htc-one-m8-problems-errors-part-22-102204#fmUkjUKXXewze1QB...

0 Likes