I recently updated to Lollipop and Verizon Message+ will not attach pictures.
nc87k5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Each time I go to attach a picture, it says it has stopped working. Any ideas? I cleared the cache in the app manager and it still will not work. I even reset Message+ to default.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I recently updated to Lollipop and Verizon Message+ will not attach pictures.
Jenn1973
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone did hte message+ update and it's now on version 5.5.17 and I can now attached pics!!  THANK YOU VERIZON!!!!! @carol_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I recently updated to Lollipop and Verizon Message+ will not attach pictures.
habs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same issue.  Any ideas?

Re: I recently updated to Lollipop and Verizon Message   will not attach pictures.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is really strange that attaching a photo causes your messaging app to stop working, nc87k5. Let's do what we can to get your app working correctly. Have you tried a Wipe Cache Partition? This is different than what is done through the App Manager screen. http://vz.to/10zPvYB When you reach Step 4 - Please look and choose the option for Wipe Cache Partition, and not Factory Reset. If you are given an option to Reboot, please restart using that selection. Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I recently updated to Lollipop and Verizon Message+  will not attach pictures.
Jenn1973
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same issue!  My HTC M8 updated Thurs to Lollipop and I haven't been able to attach pics through Messages+ since then and have tried everything I can think of, so frustrated. I  do NOT like the android messaging program that is on the phone and want to use Messages+!  I do not have the "wipe cache partition" option  mentioned below. PLEASE HELP RESOLVE THIS ISSUE, glad it's not just me!   Seems to me a bug Verizon MUST fix ASAP!!

0 Likes
Re: I recently updated to Lollipop and Verizon Message+  will not attach pictures.
Not applicable

Its under Recovery In the first menu. Then it shows up. I just did it but this error still happens when I try to attach a picture

0 Likes
Re: I recently updated to Lollipop and Verizon Message   will not attach pictures.
Not applicable

Any other brilliant Ideas? Message+ still won't attach any photos without stopping unfortunately.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

A full master rest is always recommended after a software update especially one like this one. Tech support and the store will have you do it before it can be replaced anyhow.

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same issue and I did a master reset prior to upgrading to Lollipop. I have cleared the cache and still no good.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You do the master reset after not before.

0 Likes
mudbutte
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue...just did the upgrade... HATE that my HTC One M8 Will not attach a picture! I need this fixed ASAP because I use that for my job everyday! It's a must! Please fix!

0 Likes