I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security. Now I can't unlock it. Any ideas how to undo this and get my phone open?
freedave69

I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security.  Now I can't unlock it.  Any idea how to undo this so I can use my phone again?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security.  Now I can't unlock it.  Any ideas how to undo this and get my phone open?
Snn5
Legend

Can you use Android Device Manager from a PC or another smartphone to lock it and unlock it?

0 Likes
Re: I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security.  Now I can't unlock it.  Any ideas how to undo this and get my phone open?
Snn5
Legend

Usually around the 8-9 of 10 tries it asks you to sign in with your Google credentials.

freedave69

I don't know.  Would I access that from the Verizon site, HTC site, or where?  Thanks.

0 Likes
freedave69

Hopefully it will do that.  So far, nothing.  Thanks.

0 Likes
freedave69

Android Device Manager allows you to lock your device (already locked) and set up a new password.  I tried that on my PC but still can't get it unlocked.

0 Likes
Re: I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security. Now I can't unlock it. Any ideas how to undo this and get my phone open?
mama23dogs
Legend

NO.   Just keep trying to login to the phone.   After 10 tries it will give you the option to reset your PIN with your Google account and password.

0 Likes
Re: I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security. Now I can't unlock it. Any ideas how to undo this and get my phone open?
freedave69

Someone else had replied with that same remedy and if that's all it takes, no worries. However, it is tellig me that after 10 unsuccessful tries it will reset my phone back to zero and I lose everything...pictures, emails, texts,etc. Is this true or not...do you know? Thanks.

0 Likes
freedave69

It's telling me if I am unsuccessful after 10 tries it will reset my phone back to day #1...meaning losing all my pictures, texts, etc. Is this true or not...do you know? Thanks.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

That is not the information I have. 

If your Google password is correct, it resets your password and unlocks the phone.

i Will do a quick search to verify...

0 Likes