Re: I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security. Now I can't unlock it. Any ideas how to undo this and get my phone open?
mama23dogs
Legend

Llinks...

http://www.smartmobilephonesolutions.com/content/how-to-unlock-android-phone-when-its-password-has-b...

What to Do If You've Forgotten Your Android Phone's Passcode

according to these after 5 tries you can unlock with your Google credentials. It doesn't erase the phone.

0 Likes
Re: I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security. Now I can't unlock it. Any ideas how to undo this and get my phone open?
mama23dogs
Legend

Wait.... I just noticed you posted about a Windows phone in Android forum....this is why we aren't helping much..

try try the link below for your Windows phone.

How to unlock screen If you forgot password on Windows Phone 8 like Lumia 920, HTC 8X

Re: I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security.  Now I can't unlock it.  Any ideas how to undo this and get my phone open?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
freedave69

No that's not me...or it shouldn't be. I have an HTC One M8 Android.

0 Likes
Re: I set up a new PIN to lock my screen for security.  Now I can't unlock it.  Any ideas how to undo this and get my phone open?
Snn5
Legend

How to Reset a HTC Smartphone when Locked Out: 8 Steps

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8/faq/2/#faq-233783

If you’ve forgotten your screen lock pattern, you have up to five attempts to try and unlock your phone. If this fails, you can unlock the phone by entering your Google Account user name and password.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

freedave69,

I'm sorry to hear you have locked the device, and now the password is lost. I know it's important to gain access to the phone again.
Once the phone is locked, and you don't recall the Gmail password, and the device does not accept it; you will have to perform a factory reset. This is correct, it will delete everything you have on the phone.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes