Initiated Marshmallow update last night. Phone is now showing the red Verizon screen and unusable.
douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

I initiated the Marshmallow update last night on my HTC One (M8).  The software notification said there are two downloads to complete.  The first download installed.  The second download appeared to be installing and then the phone rebooted but only as far as the red Verizon, at which time it locks up.  I have shut down the phone using the volume up and power key several times but the phone will not reboot.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Initiated Marshmallow update last night. Phone is now showing the red Verizon screen and unusable.
douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

I took it in to Verizon and they said there was nothing to do but replace

the phone. I got a free replacement phone Fedex'd to me the next day under

a warranty replacement. It worked fine. I upgraded to Marshmallow 6.0

without a hitch. Great support from Verizon.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 9:17 AM, JWLthief <forums@verizonwireless.com>

View solution in original post

Re: Initiated Marshmallow update last night. Phone is now showing the red Verizon screen and unusable.
B33
Legend

Have you Called Customer Service, To ask for any Assistance?  If you haven't you might Try that

1-800-922-0204 use option 3 or 4 when prompted Say you want to Talk to a Rep..

0 Likes
douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used the Chat support first.  They instructed me to use the HTC Sync feature followed by the online Software Repair Assistant.  I couldn't use these because the phone could not be recognized by my computer as it wouldn't complete a boot cycle.  So I went to the Verizon store for help.  They told me the phone could not be recovered and it is being replaced under the warranty repair.  I should receive my replacement today.  I wonder if anyone else had their phone locked up as a result of the Marshmallow OS upgrade.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hopefully Not..

JWLthief

OMFG...my phone is doing this too this morning.  Please tell me there is another way to fix this.  I have tried soft resetting 3 times already

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Call HTC tell them what it's Doing.. They may have Reset them Load the Software Via using your Computer that is what I did I use my Computer to do the Down Load..

Here is HTC Number 1-866-449-8358

Hope this Helps. & Good luck B33

0 Likes
douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

I took it in to Verizon and they said there was nothing to do but replace

the phone. I got a free replacement phone Fedex'd to me the next day under

a warranty replacement. It worked fine. I upgraded to Marshmallow 6.0

without a hitch. Great support from Verizon.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 9:17 AM, JWLthief <forums@verizonwireless.com>

douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

My computer wouldn't recognize the phone because it was stuck in a "boot

loop". Verizon replaced the phone under warranty for free. It was shipped

to me the next day. Upgraded to Marshmallow and it's all good.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Good Deal

0 Likes
JWLthief

I don't think mine is under warranty any more.  it's been over a year...closer to 18 months I'd say

0 Likes