Re: Initiated Marshmallow update last night. Phone is now showing the red Verizon screen and unusable.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Douga54, we are so glad to hear that you have received the replacement and all is well. Know that we are always here to help at http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: Initiated Marshmallow update last night. Phone is now showing the red Verizon screen and unusable.
B33
Legend

I updated my one M8 Via using HTC's Sync Manager which when Downloaded you can use Verizon's Phone Repair to then Download HTC's Latest update that is how my Phone got updated not Via O.T.A. So far it's working Pretty Good the Battery Life went from Very Bad, ( I was only getting 4 hours )  To Seeing what I use to the phone Get when I bought it New at the Locale Verizon Store I ran a Test of letting it set using off n on and Playing a Few Games I even used the Setting which Turns up the CPU I haven used that Setting for almost 6 months..

One other thing I done once everything was Updated I shut the phone off and Ran a System Cache Clear that has seemed to also help the Phone..

Just to Pass on this is the only major update I have done on this Phone my One M8 other than the usual updated to Google apps)   the Latest OS it had on it was Kit Kat

Do i think this Update is going help this phone in the near and Distant future Its hard to say.. But I've had this phone for 2 years and the OS that was on it was Narrowing it's Function to work which made it Very hard for me to Enjoy using the Phone since the update in its short time on the phone I'm starting to enjoy it again..

B33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So glad everything is working the way it should be douga54. We appreciate you and your business. If you need anything we are a post away.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Re: Initiated Marshmallow update last night. Phone is now showing the red Verizon screen and unusable.
B33
Legend

In what I wrote above I mentioned some of the things I done to my phone and passed on a Helpful Tips to help one's that may have updated there One m8 and might be seeing some minor Issues..  1. is Running a System Cache Clear) but some customers that updated there phones might have to Run a Factory Reset to get there One m8 to run with out any issues..

I will add:  I did another Test on the Battery after fully charging it,  I tried a Few things in the Setting like using the Battery Saver for a few Hours on then off,  Then letting the phone just set for few hours then I used it off n on doing Different Task as I slept over night the phone set idle for about 8 ta 9 hours when I got up I checked the Battery and it had 52% percent left so I proceeded with some more test of running some intense Apps.. till I finally ran the Battery Down to Zero

Right before it Hit Zero I checked the Battery my HTC went 1 Day 1 Hour and 38 min.. That is Way up from the 4 to 5 hours it would Get before I updated it to Marshmallow 6.0

In that, I would Say I'm prettySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy B33

0 Likes