MY htc one m8 is usless when it comes to messaging.
Anthony_Cirillo

Excuse my rant:

I switched to an HTC One M8 back in June from an iPhone 4. Since the very beginning my texting has been inconsistent at best, and unresponsive at worst. Group texting is about a 10% success rate. I have done the following without clearing the issue:

Spoken with Apple to double (and triple) check that iMessaging was turned off.

Tested and replaced SIM card.

Soft reset of phone.

Hard (factory) reset.

Verizon tech support replaced the original phone, without fixing the issue.

Had not 1, but two separate network inquires done to figure out the issue. No success.

Verizon's response is this: Well send you another HTC one! For obvious reasons, I don't want a new HTC one, as im sick of paying for a service which I am not receiving. Any suggestions on how I can fix this issue? Tech support literally has no idea what to do next. I even asked them to send me back an iPhone 4, just so I could have working texts again, and their response was pretty much "no chance". So I'm hoping someone from the community can help me so I don't have to pay ETF's and switch carriers.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MY htc one m8 is usless when it comes to messaging.
Delosky
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried using different messaging apps?  It might be worth a shot.  I tried Google Hangouts instead of the default Android messaging app and I haven't gone back since.  Many of my other friends always complain that they don't receive various texts from other people, yet I never have this problem and they always receive them from me.

I also know you've contacted Apple multiple times about the issue, but as we all know, sometimes the techs just come back with default scripted answers.  You may want to look at this tool to make sure you are completely de-registered from their systems.  My wife had a similar issue when she switched from an iPhone to the Lumia Icon and it took her several months and all of her iPhone peeps to delete and recreate her contact on their phones to fix it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And the phone has not been replaced at all in the past 9 months?  Definitely worth a shot to replace it. 

0 Likes
Anthony_Cirillo

It's been replaced once already, I've had the current one for 2 weeks.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Are you still running KitKat or have you updated to LP?

0 Likes
Anthony_Cirillo

updated to LP

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I am reading a few messaging issues associated with the LP update.

0 Likes
Anthony_Cirillo

This issue was present before update as well.

0 Likes
Delosky
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried using different messaging apps?  It might be worth a shot.  I tried Google Hangouts instead of the default Android messaging app and I haven't gone back since.  Many of my other friends always complain that they don't receive various texts from other people, yet I never have this problem and they always receive them from me.

I also know you've contacted Apple multiple times about the issue, but as we all know, sometimes the techs just come back with default scripted answers.  You may want to look at this tool to make sure you are completely de-registered from their systems.  My wife had a similar issue when she switched from an iPhone to the Lumia Icon and it took her several months and all of her iPhone peeps to delete and recreate her contact on their phones to fix it.

0 Likes