Marshmallow Update for HTC One M8 now Exchange ActveSync cannot reply or reply all to email messages.
ScottChristman

This weekend I applied the Marshmallow Update to my HTC One M8. All is working properly with one especially inconvenient exception. The Exchange ActiveSync client cannot "reply" or "reply all" to any email messages. When attempting to "reply" or "reply all" to an email message, the device reports the following system message: "Unfortunately, Mail has stopped." Then returns to the Inbox and the Inbox updates. Everything syncs correctly and all else in the Exchange ActiveSync mail client works properly. However, the failure to reply to email messages is a problem.

I have deleted and added the account several times and found no change in the error. How can I correct this problem and continue using the Exchange ActiveSync mail client on the Marshmallow update to Android on my HTC One M8? Any advice is much appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow Update for HTC One M8 now Exchange ActveSync cannot reply or reply all to email messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ScottChristman,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience with the Marshmallow update. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot on your own by removing and readding the email account. Since you've already done that, the next step is to complete a master reset of the device. No worries, you can back up all of your data first. However, a master reset can resolve many issues with a software update. Just follow this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-103919/

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow Update for HTC One M8 now Exchange ActveSync cannot reply or reply all to email messages.
ScottChristman

Thanks ChristinaB, your response answered my question. I would click on the "Correct Answer" button, but it doesn't seem to be available. I see "Reply" "Like" and "Actions" links, and "No actions are available" under the "Actions" link.

Thanks again for the help!

Scott

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The correct answer button is right above the Actions menu for each post in your thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes