Marshmallow update: home button and kids mode not working
Brickcitysaint1

When I hit home a "sense home" message comes up asking use once or always.  I selected always and it works 80% of the time.  When I open kids mode app, the same message comes up and asks whether to use house sense or kids mode.  I select kids mode and the phone remains stuck on kids mode.  Home button doesn't work.

Everything worked fine until the update.  Please fix it.....

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow update: home button and kids mode not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Brickcitysaint1

Software updates are intended to provide customers a better wireless experience, not worse. I would love to assist you with the “Kid Mode” feature on your HTC One M9 device.

First, I want to see how you’re attempting to get the device into Kid Mode. When pressing the “Power” button, do you press and hold the “Power” button until you’re presented with the option to change to Kid Mode?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Brickcitysaint1

I attempted to access kids mode through the app.  I opened my app menu and selected the kids mode app.  When I select the app, a question comes up asking to use "sense home" once or always and the option to select kids mode under neath that.  If I select sense home and the just once option, it will send me to the home page.  If I select kids mode and either just once or always option the phone goes into kids mode with no option to exit out.  I hit the home button and the kids mode app opens up.  The only way out is by powering down the phone and restarting.

Clear as mud?  Is there any way to submit a picture? So you can see what I mean?

0 Likes
Brickcitysaint1

See attached screen shot when I select the kids mode app....

On Feb 22, 2016 8:50 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Brickcitysaint1

Thanks for clarifying. Per the device User Guide (page 289) http://vz.to/1S4MW8P you can close “Kid Mode” on the Zoodles main screen by tapping the “X” and then confirming your action by entering the required information. Let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Brickcitysaint1

Yes that is correct. However, when I exit, it sends me to the home page.

Then when I select the home button it asks me whether to use sense home or

kids mode.

The message should not be coming up. When I select home , the phone

should not ask if I want to go to kids mode.

This should be fixed.

On Feb 25, 2016 8:25 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies for the confusion, Brickcitysaint1! 

The reason you are seeing this message is to determine whether you want the Home Screen, or to remain in Kid's Mode. As Kid's Mode prevents the phone from accessing certain things, using it resets your Home Screen setting. If you select "always" it will go back to the home screen, and you will not see that message again unless Kid's Mode is used.

Michelle_VZW

0 Likes