My HTC One M8 keeps putting itself into dock mode.
mpr5083
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also if not in dock mode the notification is always present and device is defaulting to speakerphone when placing or receiving calls. Any solution? I have never used a dock or any other changer besides the one included with the device. This is troubling as I've only had the phone since July.

Labels (2)
Re: My HTC One M8 keeps putting itself into dock mode.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mpr5083.

You have reached the right department. How long as this issue been occurring for? Did you download any new applications recently? Provide some more details to better assist.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
baune7

mine just started doing this about a week and a half ago too. VERY VERY frustrating!! no new apps, changes or anything. I did a complete wipe and reset on it and it was fine for a few days but just started doing it again today. What gives?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

baune7,

That would definitely frustrate me! We want to make sure your phone works great for you. Do you have any sort of case or screen protector on the phone? Is the phone plugged in when this happens? Did we install your old apps again right away after the wipe?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
baune7

I have always had a case on it to protect it - the Speck candy shell grip case. I have always had a screen protector on it - The Zagg tempered glass protector. I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever the whole time I've owned the phone until just recently, about the last 2-3 weeks or so. The problem seems to come and go on its own. Some days it will work perfect, then out of nowhere, just randomly decides to start acting up. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary to prompt it to start. In fact if anything I've been being more careful and delicate with it. There is no correlation between being on a charger or not to when it starts doing it. I have always tried to use the HTC factory charger and cable that came with the phone as much as possible when charging. Yes I got all my apps re-installed just fine from the Google Play store. On a side note I have pretty much all the Verizon pre-installed apps disabled (the ones that are allowed to be disabled in the app manager) I was also able to disable the "Car Mode" and "Dock Mode" apps in the app manager. That sometimes seems to help but just when I think everything is just fine and working perfect, it will start up again and start doing that.

I purchased the phone at full retail so I would be able to keep my unlimited data on my plan, and I would assume it would still be under warranty. I have noticed this to be a hot topic in numerous forums about the M8. Does verizon know if this is a hardware defect on HTC's part or a software issue on either Verizon or HTC's end?

>> Personal information/e-mail reply/headers removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

baune7

Thank you for the information provided. I want to make sure this is a permanent solution and not just temporary. Have we tried running the phone in safe mode for a few days see if it helps http://vz.to/1C8BbmI ? Also, if we can try running the phone with out the case on to see if this might be interfering with the phone in any way would be good.

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blueradio22

I'm having this exact issue. Started last night for no apparent reason. I removed my case, no change. I disabled dock mode in the app manager and it stopped the screen from taking over, but I keep getting the dock mode notifications that say "select to return to dock mode" I can't dismiss it. Multiple restarts done. It does the same thing in or out of safe mode. There are no magnets nearby. No apps recently installed. I'm stumped!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that is happening blueradio22. Did this start after an application was downloaded? Any damage to the device?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
dreux

Seriously,  my phone just started doing this today,  a few hours ago sitting on the desk at work.  Super annoying. 

I didn't install new apps,  use a different charger,   damage my phone or do anything redundant verizon may ask.  If there is a fix id like to know.

I disabled dock mode,  but I still get the notification randomly to return to dock mode.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try running a System Cache if that doesn't resolve the issue try a Factory Reset.  ya might wanna make sure your up to Date on with Latest HTC OS and the Latest in your camera and or Gallery..

0 Likes