Re: My HTC One M8 keeps putting itself into dock mode.
CorporateSellOut
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon,

I'm also having the exact same issues as the previous posters. I've also installed the 360 virus scan and nothing came up. Just do a quick google search and you'll see that numerous customers are having the exact same issue even after performing all of the standard procedures such as safe mode, case removal, factory reset, etc. I think you've got a software bug. Is there any information we can provide to help you create a case? Any chance anyone within Verizon has an m8 going through the same thing? Smiley Happy

This issue is super annoying because the dock mode isn't respecting the fact that I've set it to disabled, and will step randomly interrupt calls by flipping into dock mode. At this point my phone is more of an annoyance than a tool.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

My one isn't showing any of these conditions have you updated any Updates lately you might wanna run a system cache or run a F.D.R.

0 Likes
CorporateSellOut
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine didn't start showing any of these symptoms either until just a few days ago. But I see other people have been having this exact same issue since Sept of 2014. As previously noted clearing the cache and going back to factory settings doesn't resolve the issue.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well I haven't updated my one M8 since last year around June or July and when I seen ones having issues with HTC's update and then a few others I just pushed the updates off as I have in the past.. I don't even update 3rd party updates right away unless it an almost must..

0 Likes
deb2753

I just started having this incredibly frustrating problem and tried all suggestions on the various forums with no success. I ended up checking for software updates.  There was a new one out so I updated my phone and it seems to have fixed the problem.  Go to Settings, About, Software Updates.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Can you post what update that was?  In settings go to about ( ! )  then tap on Software Information and it should show the Following.. 

1.Android Version..   My is at 4.4.2

2.HTC Sense Version  Mine is at 6.0

3.Software Number     Mine is at 1.55.605.2

4.HTC SDK API Level  Mine is at 6.17

Thanks.. b33

0 Likes
deb2753

Hi,

I've got a HTC One XL (yes, I know it's high time to upgrade) so my software info will be different, but my software information is:

1.Android Version..   4.0.4

2.HTC Sense Version  4.1

3.Software Number     2.40.841.4

4.HTC SDK API Level  Mine is at 4.23

I have encountered one problem with the upgrade in that I have now lost the speaker phone function, but as mentioned probably due for a new phone and I don't think I'll be going with HTC again.  I've had far too many small issues with this one.

Good luck.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I understand that can happen there are a few new models coming possibly on the Horizon the Galaxy 6 and the HTC M9 the Galaxy might be a good alternative to choose.. if it comes to Verizon

Freddietguru

My m8 is doing the exact same thing and I just checked it is all up to date

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Its Darn if you do or don't you don't update & these phones can sometime act in the oddest of ways but still work good enough to get where you need to)   you then update because it's the practical thing to do & from there the phone acts like something you did not bring home just a few months ago or maybe a year ago..

For me as I've mentioned threw other post I've held off updating my major OS updates I once in while update Google or apps like my Racing app or Madden Mobile for the rest I read the reviews wait n see how they run a few week to maybe a couple month then Download..

But you might try running a system cache power cycle then re-running the cache again. if the issue continues then you might try running a Factory Reset.. Hope that Help. B33

0 Likes