My Verizon Mobile Widget
MDetwiler38501
Enthusiast - Level 3

After updating to Marshmallow the widget has stopped work. It shuts down everytime I click it and there is no option to uninstall/reinstall. Help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Verizon Mobile Widget
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDetwiler38501,

We appreciate all the troubleshooting you have completed in efforts to get your widget to work. Typically after a software update it does take time for the applications to optimize but this is longer then expected. Our next step would be to complete a factory rest to your phone. Before we complete a factory reset we want to make sure that all your data is saved. Are you using Verizon Cloud to save your data? http://vz.to/1wzL0ps Once you have completed your backup, you can start the factory reset and keep us posted http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97468/ .

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDetwiler38501

I use the My Verizon Mobile Widget all the time too. What happens when you press and hold the widget and drag it to the trash can and then add a fresh widget back to the home screen?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MDetwiler38501
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing...it won't work when I remove the widget and re-add it to one of the home screens. The other thing I did was clear the cache and info.

My Verizon shows as disconnected and I click tap to connect and it cycles for a second and the box "Unfortunately, My Verizon Mobile has stopped" and the only option I have it to click OK.

Any other advice? It sure is handy to check data usage, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDetwiller38501,

Thanks for giving that a shot and keeping us posted. We know that it's definitely a useful tool and want to make sure it's working properly for you. When you access the My Verizon app through the application manager do you have the option to "Uninstall Updates"? If so, give this a shot and then try downloading and reinstalling the application and any updates.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MDetwiler38501
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just did that by uninstalling the updates and then re-updating the app. No luck either logging on to the app BEFORE updates or ONCE I updated and tried logging in. It gave me the same shutdown message.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDetwiler38501,

We appreciate all the troubleshooting you have completed in efforts to get your widget to work. Typically after a software update it does take time for the applications to optimize but this is longer then expected. Our next step would be to complete a factory rest to your phone. Before we complete a factory reset we want to make sure that all your data is saved. Are you using Verizon Cloud to save your data? http://vz.to/1wzL0ps Once you have completed your backup, you can start the factory reset and keep us posted http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97468/ .

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes