My device has been lost or stolen.
Jess_M
Enthusiast - Level 2

My device has been lost or stolen. I have no phone to call Verizon to have them deactivate my account and switch to an old device where is a link to deactivate my lost phone and activate an old Verizon phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My device has been lost or stolen.
rcschnoor
Legend

Pay phone? Neighbor's phone? Friend's phone? Family member's phone?

You can also stop in to a Verizon corporate store and they can activate your replacement phone.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend
Snn5
Legend

However: 

I'm trying to activate a different device because my old device was lost or broken and I can't receive the text message code. What can I do?

If there's another phone on your account, you can choose to have the text message code sent to one of those phones. If there aren't other phones on your account, you'll need to call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204.

Jess_M
Enthusiast - Level 2

The link was somewhat helpful but I don't have another phone attached to the account for them to text the code to. Also, no phone to call customer service

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Pay phone? Neighbor's phone? Friend's phone? Family member's phone?

You can also stop in to a Verizon corporate store and they can activate your replacement phone.

Snn5
Legend

If you have the other phone and it has a Verizon SIM and has been activated on the line before you can use Live Chat to activate the other phone.  I have used this service myself.

Jess_M
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have a winner...I'll have to go to the store. The phone I'm activating till I get my replacement is an old flip phone. no sim card.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, didnt know it was a flip phone.  They should still be able by Live Chat to activate the phone by entering the IMEI number from the flip and having you dial *228 to activate. 

0 Likes