Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Update to 6.0 Completely Reset All Preferences?
firebird8

My phone auto downloaded and completed the Android 6.0 update about 9 am this morning, without any warning. Once complete, I found that it had reset all my app preferences, in ways I find really invasive, annoying, frustrating and unacceptable. Is anyone else having trouble with this update?

In just four hours I've discovered the update:

Reset my Google Play settings to automatically update apps I don't use and didn't want to update.

Enabled apps I had disabled, some for very good reasons.

Reset my ringtone and turned the volume all the way up and off of do not disturb (I was very surprised when my phone rang out loud inappropriately).

Reset all my app defaults, such that I had to answer that I wanted to use the Sense home instead of Kid Mode just to get into the phone (Kid Mode was disabled, since I can't uninstall the program which is useless for me).

Disabled permissions I had set for apps, for example, when I went to Messenger I was very confused when it asked for permission to enable chat bubbles, which I use on a daily basis.

I have 70+ apps on my phone and many of them I use regularly. My phone is highly customized to my liking. Even if it was only a few with only a few settings, this reset would be unnecessary and unacceptable. WTF, Google, Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes