Visual Voicemail disappeared from HTC M8 One
JamesFlorida

The Visual Voicemail app has disappeared from my HTC M8 One phone and I cannot find a way to get it back.  It does not appear on the google play store.   I would prefer not to have todo a factory reset, but I will if necessary.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Voicemail disappeared from HTC M8 One
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JamesFlorida

Let’s ensure you’re able to enjoy use of the Visual Voice Mail application on your HTC One M8 device again.

The link that SuzyQ previously sent http://bit.ly/1Tgnj0Q is the correct Visual Voice Mail application link for Verizon Wireless customers. You can install the application to regain access to your Visual Voice Mail service on your device. Please keep us posted with your results.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
JamesFlorida

Thanks, but that won't do it. 

1) that's a 3rd party replacement and I really want the official version back and

2) that one is incompatible with my HTC phone anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JamesFlorida

Let’s ensure you’re able to enjoy use of the Visual Voice Mail application on your HTC One M8 device again.

The link that SuzyQ previously sent http://bit.ly/1Tgnj0Q is the correct Visual Voice Mail application link for Verizon Wireless customers. You can install the application to regain access to your Visual Voice Mail service on your device. Please keep us posted with your results.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JamesFlorida

The app the link takes me to is labeled "Motorola mobility" so I thought that would mean it's not Verizon's official app.  When I go there in the Google play store from the phone it says

"Your device isn't compatible with this version"

I had voicemail 2 weeks ago, but it just vanished from my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for hanging in there while this is sorted, JamesFlorida. By chance is your battery in "Extreme power saving mode" ? You can check by going to Settings > Power . If it is on, then turn it off, and let us know if Visual Voicemail returns.
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
JamesFlorida

No, Extreme Power Saving Mode is off.   In fact, the phone seems to be running out of power quicker than ever recently.Just to be sure, I turned it on and then back off, but the voice mail app did not come back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JamesFlorida, thanks for getting back to us. Let’s take a look under settings on your device. Once there, we can then scroll over to all, then scroll down through the applications and see if Visual Voice-Mail is showing listed under this selection. Please keep us updated, looking forward to hearing back.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
JamesFlorida

It appears I can't even open the app manager anymore.  I think I'm going to have to do a full reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused JamesFlorida. Please keep us posted once you have performed the hard reset if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes