What happened to my pictures, videos and music?
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was cropping a picture and it said it saved. Went to look at it and all my pictures, photos and music were gone.   What happened? Looked in the file manager and everything is still there on my phone but it's not in the folder it's supposed to be in... I uninstalled the Gallery and reinstalled it. That didn't work. Help please!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What happened to my pictures, videos and music?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

denners71,

Sorry to hear about the trouble happening with your pictures. I know how important it is to be able to keep all those memories secure. At this point, the next best thing to try will be a factory reset of the phone. It seems that there is a software error occurring. Before you do any resetting of your phone, I would recommend backing up your content using HTC's sync manager service.  You can download that service here if you don't have it already: http://bit.ly/1Jk2wdf You can also use the Verizon Cloud as a secondary backup.

Once the device is backed up, you can reset by going to Settings > Backup & Reset > Reset Phone.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a real mystery Brenda. It is not normal for picture to vanish while in the process of cropping one of the pictures in your phone. Let’s get some more information and see if we can get those precious memories back.

When did this issue occur? Is there any physical/water damage to the phone? Did you update/install any particular application/software on your phone before you started cropping that picture? Do you have a backup copy of those pictures on the Verizon Cloud or any other Cloud service? http://spr.ly/6583Bn6bH

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was just cropping a picture. The phone is never near water or anything liquid. I just got this phone last month. My phone was not is the process of any updates.

0 Likes
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the cloud on my phone now but even new pictures that I take dont even show up in there.

But like I said the pictures, videos and music is still on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure that we locate these pictures. May I ask if there's been any recent up date to the device? Are the pictures saved on an SD card?
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
denners71,

Losing pictures are never fun.I wold be sad too if it happened to me. Let's keep digging here. You have an HTC which is an Android. This is good. I would like for you to check and see if by chance your Google+ app had been set up and was backing media up for you. The Google+ app will be a red app with the white g+ in it. This will be the only other place that your pictures may possibly be saved. Let me know what you come across.

ChristineJ_VZW

0 Likes
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

No update since I've bought this in November. The pictures and music are located in the file manager app that is preloaded on the phone.

Brenda

0 Likes
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is nothing on there. I have verizon cloud and the google photo thing that comes loaded on the phone. All my pictures & music are on the google photo app.

Brenda

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

denners71,

Sorry to hear about the trouble happening with your pictures. I know how important it is to be able to keep all those memories secure. At this point, the next best thing to try will be a factory reset of the phone. It seems that there is a software error occurring. Before you do any resetting of your phone, I would recommend backing up your content using HTC's sync manager service.  You can download that service here if you don't have it already: http://bit.ly/1Jk2wdf You can also use the Verizon Cloud as a secondary backup.

Once the device is backed up, you can reset by going to Settings > Backup & Reset > Reset Phone.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Denners - Thank you for working with us to get your issue resolved. If you open the File Manager you will see three stacked up squares on the upper right hand side. Tap on the squares. Now tap on the Settings. Tap on Show hidden files. Please let me know if the missing folder appears.
JacobV-VZW

0 Likes