Why does my M8 keeps getting software update notifications for an M7?
HelpPleez

My M8 keeps getting software update notifications for an M7. When downloaded, instead of the phone restarting, another message about the M7 software update pops up. What's going on? How can I make it stop? Along with this problem, I've noticed that it's taking much longer for my battery to charge the past few days. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My M8 keeps getting software update notifications for an M7.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for the information! It does look like there is an software upgrade available for the device. What happen when you attempt to update the software ?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get this resolved and your phone working as it should be, HelpPleez. Do you have the Windows M8, or Android M8? When did you get the first update? Are you able to do/complete another update as prompted? Please let us know exactly which software version you have.

Windows: From the Start screen, swipe left to display the Apps list> Settings>About> More Info> view Firmware revision number and Radio software version.

Android: Apps> Settings>from SYSTEM section, tap About>tap Software Information> locate Software number

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
HelpPleez

It's Android 4.4.3, software 5.28.605.12. I received the first update notification Monday. It keeps popping up daily, but I've been deferring it because it didn't work the first couple of times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for the information! It does look like there is an software upgrade available for the device. What happen when you attempt to update the software ?
YosefT_VZW
0 Likes
HelpPleez

The first few times I tried to update the phone, it would download and restart, then give me the message about needing the update again. I waited a few days and tried again. Everything seems fine now. Still don't understand why an M8 needs an M7 update, though.

0 Likes