Why is Power Saver mode gone/disabled
Brandon48911

Just wondering why Verizon disabled the standard Power Saver mode on this device... I'm not using my device any differently than my M8 but the battery life is very poor.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why is Power Saver mode gone/disabled
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is it just disabled or gone? If only disabled you should be able to go into Settings> and find either Battery or Power Saving to try and enable the function.

As phones become more hi-tech they begin to suck up more battery power to provide faster speeds/more functions so while comparing your M8 to the M9 seems reasonable, they are two different phones.

0 Likes
Hawkeye98
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can only find the extreme power saving, not the regular.  I can't imagine why Verizon would have then remove something so essential.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What was in the regular power saving mode that isn't in extreme? Are you looking for a specific power saving mode option?

0 Likes
Hawkeye98
Enthusiast - Level 2

Extreme shuts everything down except phone and text, where power saving, to

my understanding just enhances the battery life without disabling

everything.

0 Likes
Brandon48911

Fair enough, but it still doesn't explain why the Verizon 'variant' of the M9 would purposefully drop a standard Android feature like Power Save Mode. 

0 Likes
Hawkeye98
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was my question. Why is it missing

0 Likes
Not applicable

If Verizon did come here and answer you, what would that accomplish? Will having an answer change anything? You'll still be without this feature.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You should be contacting the manufacture of the phone:

HTC United States

Brandon48911

Honestly, I'm just curious (I like the phone regardless so even without the feature I'm cool with it).  So to answer your question, the 'accomplishment' would be to have the question answered

0 Likes