Why is my sim card suddenly not recognized?
Tennisstar36

ive had the HTC One for over a year and suddenly Im getting the icon showing an X on the sim card.  Why and how do 8I fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sim card suddenly not recognized
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Power the phone down, then remove and reinsert the SIM card.  Power the phone back on and see if it's any better - it may not be making a good connection due to a bump or drop.

If that doesn't work, then you ca get a new SIM card at a corporate Verizon store, or have one mailed to you from customer service.  It's free; the cards can become corrupt after a time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Power the phone down, then remove and reinsert the SIM card.  Power the phone back on and see if it's any better - it may not be making a good connection due to a bump or drop.

If that doesn't work, then you ca get a new SIM card at a corporate Verizon store, or have one mailed to you from customer service.  It's free; the cards can become corrupt after a time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, Thank you very much for your helpful tips!

Tennissstar36,

Help is here! We don’t want for you to have any issues with your SIM card. When did this issue begin? Have you been able to try the steps that SuzyQ mentioned? Here is a link that shows how to remove the SIM card: http://vz.to/2h0U5bm. Has that helped?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes