Why is verizon taking so long with the marshmellow update for the htc m8???
rforce1024

By now people with the HTC M8 including myself should have had the marshmellow update, It was told that we would have it back in December but here it is Feb. and still no update. WTH??

I'm sure Verizon employees have it on their phones which I think isn't right. Since we have to always pay the price when it comes to Verizon doing something for us, we cant even get a simple update on time!! i'm sure we all pay coo coo bucks for our service.

Come on Verizon get moving with the marshmellow update for the HTC M8 and stop putting on Bloatware software.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is verizon taking so long with the marshmellow update for the htc m8???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to stay updated with your software rforce1024. We do not have an ETA on when it will come out but while your waiting you can keep track here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to stay updated with your software rforce1024. We do not have an ETA on when it will come out but while your waiting you can keep track here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

a9l8e7n
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been following the Marshmallow (6.0) update.

Here is the timeline:

Decemeber 6.0 updated to HTC m8 google play edition.

January 6.0 updated to HTC m8 carriers around the world.

Sprint and T-Mobile updated in late January/ early February.

Verizon and AT&T should follow soon I presume. From what I understand HTC has already sent the update for Verizon's approval. As a matter of when Verizon will release the OTA update can be within weeks or months, no idea there.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC indicates it is in Stage Three - Certification. http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/#device-content

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
a9l8e7n
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Ann154. FACT CHECK. That link is outdated. It says Sprint htc m8 is also in Stage Three, even though it just got updated with the OTA release.

Tidbits
Legend

Then get HTC to update their page. That page should be the most accurate page because HTC does majority of the work on these devices. Carriers don't touch code like people think they do. HTC, Motorola, and Sony timelines points this out too.

0 Likes
jkuz
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are right about the carriers adding code.  However when viewing htc's update process flowchart you see that stage 3 is when they hand the update over to the carrier for testing and await technical approval from carrier.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also on the same chart as well from the other manufacturers I mentioned There's also technical acceptances on the same section.  So to say it's Verizon being the sole delay without having the FCC approval, nor wifi consortium, or Bluetooth certifications.  So far there is no acceptances from them, and you can get those without carrier approval.  If you get those then you don't need to touch that part of the code.  So if you have all those certifications and can provide the whitepapers you can't say it is specifically Verizon being the delay.  Sony for example gladly displays those white papers.

jkuz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like 3/7 Htc M8 will start getting Marshmallow Smiley Happy according to: Mo Versi (VP, Product Management @ HTC) twitter 

Mo Versi on Twitter: "Verizon HTC One (M8) Owners! Marshmallow OS coming on 3/7! TA received today -...

0 Likes