Why isn't me vibration motor working on my phone?
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone isn't even 5 months old yet and the vibration doesn't work anymore. I have the phone to vibrate when I receive a call, text message, facebook messenger, when I type a text or messenger, when the alarm goes off. It's been acting strange ever since the Marshmallow update. Is there anyway to fix this? I really don't feel like taking it to a store.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why isn't me vibration motor working on my phone?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My thought would be to factory default the phone. If that doesn't resolve the problem, start the ball rolling to get a replacement sent.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

denners71,

We want your vibration to work so you will get notified when you have messages. The good news is the vibration feature is really hard to physically break unless you gotten it wet. No worries, I am confident we can get this resolved. What other functionalities are not working besides the vibration? Where did you go exactly in the settings to set up the vibrate feature?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what you mean by "where did you exactly go in the settings to set up the vibration feature?".

In all the items I listed the vibration is selected to vibrate but it does not do that now.

Also there is an option for volume on the ringtone and at night I can turn the volume down or make it vibrate or no sound at all. That vibration does not work either.

What do I need to do to get this function back?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for that additional information denners71.You mentioned that the issue started happening after the update, does the option in the settings menu allow you to turn the vibration on and off? Do you notice any change after powering the phone off and then back on?

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have gone through everything that go through  that has vibration. I've unchecked them then rechecked them. Restarted my phone. It still doesnt work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That can be very frustrating. Let's check a couple of different things. Do you receive vibration from any other sources like map alerts or games or anything of that nature?
JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Vibration doesnt work on anything!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

denners71, thanks for providing that additional clarification. We want to ensure you get back to normal functionality with all of your device functions. Thankfully, your device has a one-year manufacturers warranty in case something like this does occur. Are you currently backing up your device using our Verizon Cloud or a similar Cloud service? Also, is there any existing liquid and/or physical damage to that device:  http://vz.to/1dDkmdQ

EbonyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
denners71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello. I have everything backed up to the Cloud and there is no damage of any kind. I have it in a case.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing those additional details! Please reply to my Private Message, so we can ensure this is resolved for you.

Michelle_VZW

0 Likes