Wi-fi suddenly stopped working on my phone
cmckayboi

My daughter has an HTC M One 9. Her wi-fi suddenly stopped working. It does not work at multiple locations so, it's not her router. Any ideas of things that we should be checking?

Thanks for your help.

Chuck

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-fi suddenly stopped working on my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure we get this figured out as we know how important it is to do whatever possible to help conserve data allowance. I'm sure you have probably checked this but just in case, have you made sure WiFi is enabled on her device?
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cmckayboi

Yes, her Wi-Fi is enabled. She contacted HTC support and they had her toggle between airplane mode and normal mode and it started working but as soon as she got off the phone with them it stopped. She called them back and they said she should send in the phone but she would be responsible for shipping. They also want a $500 deposit until they receive the phone if they ship one right away. Otherwise she will be without her phone while she waits for the replacement. We just purchased this phone last summer. Does Verizon have a warranty we can use for the replacement?

Thanks,

Chuck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmckayboi-

WIFI is very important to have so it is imperative your daughter's WIFI is working properly as soon as possible. When you say it stopped working, is it still connected to WIFI but it will not allow her to use the internet or does the WIFI buttom grays out? Any error message? Please describe exactly how this happen to provide the best resolution.

CarmenT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cmckayboi

It says turning on for a long time then never turns on then eventually ends up saying error

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmckayboi,

We appreciate you providing us those new details. We're definitely moving towards a resolution. What error message do you see when this occurs? We'll probably want to see if she experiences the same problem while the phone is in safe mode. This will rule out any other apps interfering with her connection. To enter safe mode, please use these steps: http://vz.to/1U6ehK2 To exit safe mode, a normal reboot is all that's needed.

EricW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cmckayboi

She has already tried safe mode. Still does not work. As I posted previously, it just says connecting for a long time and then says error. Doesn't actually give an error message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have WiFi, cmckayboi. Is the phone up to date with its OS? Here is a link on how to check if it is up to date http://vz.to/1VwvzjV
StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
cmckayboi

System is up to date.

0 Likes