Wifi issues
steviewencha
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the recent update, my phone will not maintain a Wi-Fi connection. It connects then after a minute or two, loses connection and reconnects. This repeats all day.

I tried starting my phone in safe mode and the issue still persists.

This is frustrating as I have a limited data plan and it is eating up my battery.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steviewencha, I know Wi-Fi is important when staying on top of data use. I'm here to help. What make/model phone do you have? Is your data switch turned off?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
steviewencha
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an HTC M8. All of my settings are accurate.

0 Likes
steviewencha
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went down to corporate today and they didn't even try to troubleshoot. They said my phone isn't under warranty and if I pay off the remainder of my Edge I can upgrade to a new phone. I'm frustrated and highly considering switching carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. We want to get your device up and running. Have you turned on the Wi-Fi Sense? Settings> Wi-Fi> Wi-Fi Sense> Enable.

Also try this: Settings> cellular+SIM> For limited Wi-Fi connectivity: don't use cellular data.

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

CarleyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
steviewencha
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is not a Wi-Fi Sense option.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@steviewencha

I apologize for any confusion. Those steps are for the Windows version M8 device.

Have you tried removing and re-adding the WiFi network to your device: http://vz.to/1pqijja? Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
steviewencha
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. 3 factory resets too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

steviewencha,

We're glad to hear that the phone's properly staying connected. It can sometimes take a bit for phones to optimize to a new OS, so that could be it. Let us know if we can help you out with anything else in the future.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes