data usage alert notification won't go away?
FrustratedNEOhio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a data usage alert that I had reached a particular data limit.  No issues there, but now, I can't get rid of the icon in the notification bar? I've rebooted several times and this thing still will NOT swipe away. Help please?

Labels (2)
Re: data usage alert notification won't go away?
Snn5
Legend

Is it a Verizon notification or one displayed from the phone if you have data limits set within the Data Use area of Mobile Data in the phones main settings menu?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I am glad you got the data notification! We never want you to go over. Now let's make sure you can remove that message.  What is the make/model of the phone? Have you tried selecting clear all on the notification tab?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
FrustratedNEOhio
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hard to say; it says "cellular data limit exceeded", and if you press and hold the notification it changes to "Android System".   I've changed the data limits via the phone settings, changed them in My Verizon, and also force stopped "Android System" and rebooted the phone several times.  It keeps coming back.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds to me like it is Android related and at least it isnt a Verizon notification.

0 Likes
FrustratedNEOhio
Enthusiast - Level 2

the phone is an HTC One M8, and there is no "clear all" option on the notification bar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you so much for the clarification FrustratedNEOhio! We will work to get to the bottom of this for you so that notification is not constantly bothering you Which software version do you have on your phone?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
WalthamRick

I have the same problem.

Android 5.0.1

HTC Sense 6.0

Software number 4.17.605.5

0 Likes
MicScoTho

I have the same issue as well on an HTC One M8 with Android 5.0.1. I called HTC support and all they could suggest was a factory reset. 😞

See also:

* Cellular data limit exceeded notification

* Issue 160333 - android - "Cellular Data Limit Exceeded" notification not updating with modified limi...

0 Likes
FrustratedNEOhio
Enthusiast - Level 2

android 5.0.1

HTC Sense version 6.0

Software version 4.17.605.5

After my post in April, the notification went away on its own after the billing period started over on the 23rd.  I then disabled any alerts about data usage and disabled any limits, both within the phone Settings and thru My Verizon. 

Here it is, 5/20/15, two days before the billing period is to end (5/23).  The notification has returned, although i have selected no alerts, and set no limits.  Data usage is only at 50%.  

0 Likes