dead spot on top right of screen.
Wigman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My HTC one M8 now has a dead spot on the top right of the screen. It happened randomly when I hooked up the Verizon Fast charger in my car to it. Is there an easy fix with this or how do I fix it? I am at 13 months with my phone so my warranty is up.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: dead spot on top right of screen.
Wigman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just did a screen touch test and it shows that that area is fine and still receptive to touch, but I can't tap in that area when trying to uncheck a box or something to that nature

I am not sure what's going on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wigman,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the community forums. Sorry to hear about the trouble with your phone. We know how important it is to have a phone that functions fully. Thanks for doing the screen touch test. That will help you get to the bottom of this through process of elimination. Are you only seeing the problem when trying to touch an X in a browser or while using other applications & features? If only while using the browser, have you tried other browsers as well?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wigman
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, it does it for all applications, including trying to open up an application on the home screen, or checking a box to set an alarm in the clock app. It acts like it is a dead spot, but it is not always. For example, right now I can use that spot just fine, but yesterday, I couldn't open up the app on the home menu when the spot is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wigman,

Thanks for getting back to me with those details. Let's keep working together to get you a solution. Do you have a case or screen cover on your phone? If so, have you tried removing them to test without?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wigman
Enthusiast - Level 2

so I do use a case but not one that covers the screen, it is the "Dualtek" case. It doesn't matter if it is on or off the screen does the dead spot thing.
I did get some new symptoms recently. one is that the dead spot moved. It has moved from the top right, and is now on the middle left of the screen, which it now affects more of the games and apps I use. Again the spot is not there all the time, in fact, it seems to happen after charging more times than not. I now have to turn off my phone completely when I charge it so that it doesn't cause the spot to come back. it is very strange

0 Likes