google play store won't auto update apps

I have "auto update apps over WiFi" checked off but I still have to go to "my apps" and click "update all". How come it won't auto update on its own?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: google play store won't auto update apps

I clicked app reset to restore all the settings and now it automatically updating my apps. Doesn't update instantly. Just takes a while for it to start auto update but at least it works now.

0 Likes

Spoke too soon. It doing it again. I waited a day and when I woke up next morning it still said "update all". None of the apps automatically updated. I checked build version and Google play store is up to date. I click on the apps and then menu and the individual setting "auto update" is checked. Also, the "auto update over WiFi" in the main menu is also checked. Can someone help? It annoying I have to make it a daily routine to check if updates are available and manually click to update them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
avatar224, thanks for keeping us posted. The options that you've chosen will automatically update the applications on your device while connected to Wi-Fi. However, the updates can be interrupted if the Wi-Fi connection signal issues, an incoming call or text message. As a result the update will stop and you would have to manually resume the process.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes

My WiFi strength is excellent and I did not get any calls or texts while update is in progress so it can't be interrupted. Besides, my issue is it won't start auto-update; not about being interrupted once update has started. I have to manually go to "my apps" and click the update button.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Go into settings about phone then check the last option.

0 Likes

You mean check update? I have lollipop already on phone. Anyway, I learn to accept it and just manually click to start update. No big deal.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you go there then you'll see this.

Screenshot_2015-04-20-07-53-46.png