my HTC one M9 wont charge
FEDMAR18

my device has been acting up lately and now it wont charge and I do not know what to do, I've left it alone and once I try to charge it, it heats up, I dont know what to do.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: my HTC one M9 wont charge
snowangel8504

I'm running into the same problem. The only way I have found today is to turn the phone off and let it charge. My phone keeps getting really hot and is running really slow. I've tried uninstalling some of the recent app updates from HTC that is supposedly causing the problems. Now my phone won't even install updates from any other apps. I am pretty stumped and frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FEDMAR18-

I know how frustrating having a device charging issue is. When did this start happening? Has there been a recent software update or app download before issue began?

Carmen_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

snowangel8504,

Your phone should be working in tip top shape, let's see what's going on. Did this happen after installing an app or update? Are you experiencing issues charging your device as well?

KarenC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ONLYMEASIA504

I am having the same issue with my HTC One M9, which I purchased 02/2016. It started with the device seriously overheating. Two trips to the Verizon store. Advice given contact tech support. Now it will not charge or turn on. Due to the extreme overheating and cooling condensation has formed in the lens of the camera. The in store Rep in the Verizon store claims water damage. So I am stuck with this trash phone and a bill. Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

onlymeasia504-

I know that my phone is my right arm, so I totally understand your frustration. I'm definitely alarmed to hear about your device overheating and I want to do everything we can to figure this out together. How long has your device been overheating? Do you notice any pattern with when your device overheats (in a particular app, on the phone, etc)?

AmberK_VZW

0 Likes
whittaylor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto. I have the same problem.  The phone has a propensity to run very hot.  As to charging, it often won't charge until the charge level falls below 40% or so, even in an air conditioned environment.  I've no idea whether there is any connection between the two issues .  Of course, at the Verizon store, I was unable to replicate the charging anomaly.  I'm on my second HTC M9; the first one would not install the Verizon Messaging app.  One user's experience does not define a phone’s quality, but to me, this device seems awfully dodgy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whittaylor,

We know how important it is to have a properly working device. Let's look into yours. How long has your device been doing this? Did anything change on the phone before this started: software update, new application downloaded, etc?

ChristineJ_VZW

0 Likes