my htc one m8 is not charging correctly.
conmar87
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is not charging correctly. I have tried various things to fix the problem. I have used the original charger as well as various different chargers. This has been a problem for the past week, and I'm not sure how to fix it at this point. I have tried to clean the charging port with compressed air, but it didn't seem like it was dirty to begin with. My device does not get hot when it is charging, and I have also reset my device back to factory settings. It takes about 13 to 15 hours to charge back up to 100% only to lose battery after a few hours. It is very frustrating, and my phone is not even a year old. Please help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: my htc one m8 is not charging correctly.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived conmar87. This does sound frustrating and we want your phone to work like it should. Our sleeves are rolled up and we are ready to help. Did anything change since you noticed this happening, new applications, or software updates? When you performed the factory reset, where your 3rd party applications/content  installed again? Does your phone have any physical/water damage?
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: my htc one m8 is not charging correctly.
conmar87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! I didn't download any apps within 24 hours of the phone being reset and it still had the problem. I went into a store today and I am getting a replacement phone within the next few days, luckily it was still under warranty. I also had my phone off or on airplane mode all day today before going in to the store and there was no change. No damage on the phone, and I would never leave it anywhere near water. I am very cautious of that! Thank you for getting back to me, I really appreciate it!

0 Likes