"My Music" Play list keep dissappearing
zoom14st

Hi,

Everytime I boot HTC M8 My Music playlist keep loosing some list eventually loose them all.  This device seems doesn't allow to keep the playlist on SD memory.  The built-in memory loose it especially when Android gets upgrade.  Any remedy?

Thanks,

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: "My Music" Play list keep dissappearing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to have to worry about missing songs on your playlist, zoom14st. Let's find out what's going on. How did you save the songs to your playlist? Were they downloaded through an app or uploaded via your computer? To clarify, is thi  the Play Music app, Music app, or a third party app? How much storage do you have available? You can check by going to Settings>Storage.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zoom14st

Thanks for the reply. The music app was on Android built-in one, not the third party app.  MP3s are storage on SD card.  Android music app 'setting' does not have the option to storage the playlist on SD card.  Also general 'setting' also does not have the option storage music playlist to be on SD card either. It is annoying I have to re-create the playlist so often.

Everytime Android updates OS, the playlist looses some of the playlist tunes.  Every other times at re-boot also seems affecting the playlist decreasing the tune from it, eventually I have to re-create it.

Thanks for looking into it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is truly an invonvenience as it's important to regularly power cycle your phone, zoom14st. I'm sorry for any confusion regarding storage. In order to check your available storage, you would need to go to your list of Apps>Select Settings>Storage, this would not be found under your music app.

If you are using the preinstalled music app that uses headphones as the app icon, there is an option to back up your music. It will display as a cloud icon with two arrows. Have you used this before? If you backup, do any songs get removed after you reboot your phone?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zoom14st

Thank you for your reply.  My concern is 'Playlist' not music files that storage on DS card never got lost but playlist that does not have the option to storage in SD card or "cloud" memory.  Playlist loses its tune numbers at re-boot eventually I have to re-create it from music files in SD card.

Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this aggravation stopped, zoom14st. We don't want you to repeat these steps every time you need to power the phone off.  Normally your Playlist is saved through your Google account. Have you checked your Google account set up within the app? Here are the steps: Apps > Play Music > Menu (top left three lines) > Settings > Google Account. As long as your Google account is set up here, it will store your Playlist for future use.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
zoom14st

mine's not 'Google Play' ($9.99 /mo.) though. Not "verizon Tones" either.  On the Android app just says "Music" and its 'Setting" does not have the option for google (or SD card for playlist).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional detials, zoom14st. We want to make sure we are on the same page and seeing the same details. Is your device software up to date? Here are the steps to check: Settings > Software Update > Check new. The most up to date software on your device would show an app called Play Music. Is the app you are using an app you downloaded from the Play Store?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
zoom14st

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately "Setting" didn't have "Software Update" on mine (It does have "system update" though).  I do have "Play Music" icon in app but it is Google Play at $9.99/ mo.

The playlist in my "Music" app was came with this HTC Adroid OS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zoom14st,

Thanks for sharing. Were you able to check the System Update option to ensure the software was up to date?

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes