volume control after update
Bigwhitebeast

I was previously able to individually control the volumes for the ringer, notifications, alarms and music. Now after the "upgrade" the ringer and notification is a common control and it make me very unhappy!!! Tell me you can somehow change this back to the way it was?? Seriously, I'm due for a new phone and this will make me switch but probably not with the same carrier....

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: volume control after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone to work flawlessly. What model phone do you have? Did you back up your device before the software update?
RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Bigwhitebeast

I have the HTC One M8 Google Edition I guess its called. I did not do any back-up, and this was a verizon update from what I understand.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a great device, Bigwhitebeast! When exactly did you get the update? Are you able to modify the tone/ volume? Either by using the buttons on the side of the phone or in Settings?

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Bigwhitebeast

The update happened on Friday or Saturday morning. I can change volume with both the key on the side and within the settings. Again, my complaint is that I am unable to individually control the ringer and notification volumes like I use to be able to. I want to be able to have my ringer normal and be able to change the notification volume without having to change the notifications to silent. It appears the following was the update applied.

HTC One (M8) Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clearing that up. It is functioning the way the device is designed. I will lift your feedback up about this particular software update.
JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes